"The Making of..." is the fifty-sixth episode of 101 Dalmatians: The Series.
In this behind-the-scenes episode of 101 Dalmatians: The Series, the pups along with various other characters from the show discuss what it was like filming the series and how the series came to be in existence.
- Among the various pilots they try for 101 Dalmatians: The Series, we have some set in England.
- "The Dearly Bunch" is an homage to The Brady Bunch.
- "First Bloodhound: Part Two" is a likely homage to Rambo.
- "Doggie Houser, M.D. (Medical Dog)" seems to be an homage to Doogie Howser, M.D..
- "2001 Dalmatians" is a likely homage to 2001: A Space Odyssey.
- The Dalmatians also act in a Simpsons couch gag.
- Ironically too, the television scene from the animated 101 Dalmatians is one of the things that got Matt Groening, creator of The Simpsons, into animation.
- Cruella and Spot also seem to appear in a Road Runner homage too.
- "The Cruella Show" seems to be similar to the look of David Letterman.
- Some scenes from various episodes are also use as pilots too; such as "Invasion of the Doggy Snatchers", "Howl Noon", "The Maltese Chicken", and "You Slipped a Disk". Additionally, Spot's audition is shown in "The High Price of Fame".
- One of the guests on Cruella's show is called "Maldoona". This is a possible homage to pop star Madonna.
- The one set to play Cruella (before Cruella takes the role) also appears in "The Artist Formerly Known as Spot".
- Though she doesn't have a physical appearance in 101 Dalmatians: The Series, Cruella calls Jewel's name in "The Dearly Bunch" scene.
- Lucky claims that "First Bloodhound: Part Two" is the title to one of Thunderbolt's roles in "Watch for Falling Idols".
- In "The Dearly Bunch" scene, the clapper board reads the show title as: "Dalmatians 101". This was the original title for 101 Dalmatians: The Series before they altered it.
- During the interview after Pongo and Perdita learn that they weren't going to be the stars of the series but rather Lucky, Rolly and the others, Perdita ripped the promotional poster while pretending to keep her cool.